Operated by the Sister Bay Historical Society, Corner of the Past and Old Anderson House Museum are located at the intersection of Highway 57 and Fieldcrest Road in Sister Bay, Door County, Wisconsin.
The original 1875 Anderson family farmhouse was completely renovated beginning in 1994 and features late 1800’s furnishings, historical photographs, and artifacts depicting Sister Bay’s history.
Authentic farm buildings complementing the Anderson House have been moved to the site and renovated by SBHS member volunteers. These buildings include a large barn, granary, machine shop, two log cabins, and migrant worker’s cabin, summer kitchen, sawmill and blacksmith’s barn, all of which are open for visitation and your enjoyment.
The machine shop’s photo gallery and other buildings on the site feature images dating back to early settlers, merchants, businesses, the destructive fire of 1912, steamships berthed at Roeser Dock, and early logging and ice cutting.
Sister Bay Historical Society
P.O. Box 34
Sister Bay, WI 54234
The Sister Bay Historical Society is an affiliate of the Wisconsin Historical Society
and a member of the Door County Historical Resource Association.